Thursday, March 11, 2010

Procrastination and Missing the Sun

I have many regrets in my life, due to my ADD.  Blame it on procrastination, my worst enemy.

I've missed once in a life time opportunities, ruined material possessions, lost opportunities for new friendships, new relationships, even lost sunny days.

One of my biggest regrets is that Shelley gave me a beautiful bike when I moved to the beach.  I only used it a few times, and then left it out in the rain because I kept procrastinating bringing it into my tiny basement apartment.  I covered it with large trash bags, but that didn't keep it safe from the stormy weather and salt air prevalent at the oceanfront.  By the time I moved again, it was a rusty mess, and the tires were rotted.  I am so ashamed when I think of that.  I also missed out on a good friendship, by riding my bike to see Steve when he was living with Charlie and his parents, only once.  I should have gone back, many times.  I had no excuse, except being too tired and lazy when I got off work.

I've wrecked the engine of a couple of cars by neglecting anti-freeze in the winter and freezing the block, or overheating it in the summer. I'm also a horrible procrastinator when it comes to oil changes. I've been very lucky with this old truck of mine.  Good old Annie will probably outlast me. She seems made for somebody with ADD.  She keeps on running,  even when I forget all about her upkeep. Of course, I give a lot of credit to Heavenly Father, asking him to watch over her and me, every time I go somewhere. He's much more faithful than I am.

I even procrastinate getting out and doing things while the sun is still shining.  My days and nights are mixed up to the point I feel like a zombie vampire, sleeping in the daytime,  on the computer until morning, sometimes til the sun is up, and too tired to walk a straight line.

It's depressing sometimes. .   

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel! I am a horrible procrastinator too, and I too have a lot of regrets about things I "shoulda" done but at the time couldn't make myself do. You can't beat yourself up over it though... We all do the best we can at the time!

    ReplyDelete