Wednesday, June 6, 2012

From ADDventurer to AstrandaLynn

This journey I am on sure takes a lot of twists and turns, and my path continues to go up and down, and round and round. I suppose I could blame it on my ADD, but, rather than blame, it's more of a gift, and an ADDventure.  It's all about my life, my path, and my journey. 

True to my ADD nature, I see it's been months since my last entry in this journal blog.  So much has happened, in so many levels of my existence.  There have been so many changes in me, and around me.  I've traveled, gone home to Virginia...come home to myself.  In meditation, I have found my spiritual solace, and my center.  Even that has changed form, and I find myself turning more toward Zen.  I even have a couple of new apps on my phone: Insight Timer, and Mindfulness Bell, along with an app of beautiful Zen Meditation Music, which is also timed, for scheduled meditation.  Then again, in true ADD fashion, I easily fall out of the habit of meditation, and into the habit of procrastination.  I really need to get back to it.

I just got back from a wonderful family reunion in Virginia.  I was there for a week, during the Memorial Day holiday.  It was good to see the family, and Aaron was there, so I saw him too, all four of my sons together again.  I also went to the Fellowship of Inner Light Family Gathering, at the A.R.E. in Virginia Beach.  It was so good to see so many of my dearest and oldest friends...an important part of my soul family. And going to the beach, walking barefoot in the sand, wading in the ocean at Ocean View was such a wonderful feeling, so grounding and balancing. 

I had an insight today, during a long phone call with Diana.  I now know my purpose for all the ups and downs and twists and turns of my life.  The gifts I've been given are for me to follow my bliss, and be blessed with my creativity, my writing, my poetry, art, and, maybe even music will someday fit in, who knows.  And there is no coincidence to my name, AstrandaLynn.  In meditation, I was given the linking of my Higher Self, and ME.  So, I am an ADDventurer, and a spiritual seeker, AstrandaLynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment