Saturday, October 17, 2009

Me and My ShADDow!

I try to be a normal, civilized adult. I try to behave myself, even when I'm bored out of my mind. I try to pay attention when I'd rather be someplace, anyplace, else. I really do try.

But, there's always that little shadow self, my little companion ADD lurking in the background. I try to reason with her, try to keep her quiet, but sometimes, at the most inopportune times, she breaks free! That's when I find myself blurting out things without thinking of the consequences, being impatient and restless, fidgety, and making more noise than I meant to do. That's when I ended up, at work, making ugly faces at my computer, putting my phone on mute, and blowing raspberries at the invisible, but very angry and loudly vocal 'cusstomers' . I wonder if some of them did the same thing to me. We all have 'inner brats' but some are more rambunctious and temperamental, and not easily tamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment