I just recently got fired from the job I had the longest time in my whole sorry time in the work force. It lasted almost six years; only one month short of six years. I am not sorry to see it go. I was not happy with that job in customer service. It literally made me sick from stress, and that led to its demise, or, in other words, led to the end of my career. Goodbye, and good riddance.
I was fired because of severe attendance and punctuality problems. I was sick too much, and missed too much work, and that's why they let me go. Chronic illness will do that to you. So will ADD, which I recently discovered I have, and have had, all my life. It's one childhood illness you never outgrow, never get over. You just learn to live with it.
At this time of my life, and my age, with my ADD and other chronic health problems, and with the economy as it is now...and especially because I've had 20 jobs in 29 years, I decided to retire early.
So, here I am, newly retired, at loose ends, not sure what my next step is as I embark on this journey into my Golden Years. This blog is my attempt to make some sense of my life up to this point. Besides, I love to write.
Not A Christian Anymore
10 years ago


Congratulations on your retirement! You're on your next big adventure. And ADD? Just another word for Gemini...
ReplyDeleteThanks, Aaron! Spoken like a true Gemini! But, doesn't the ADD make it even more interesting! ;)
ReplyDelete