You might have noticed some of my weird spelling in this blog. It's not that I'm a bad speller. It's that I love to play with words. The ADD fits so well into different words, I just couldn't avoid, or resist, the temptation to play with it. I love word games like Scrabble, too. I especially like the one I have for the computer. It has a dictionary on it, and I've learned some strange looking words, like qi and xi. Even so, one of my daughters is still the undefeated Queen of Scrabble in the family.
I've been a bookworm since I was a child. My ADD really loved that! Once in my childhood, I think about 11 years old, I went to a family reunion, got bored with the younger children, and found a book to read: The Robe. I sat down, in the middle of younger children running around, laughing and screaming, and read that whole book in a couple of hours. My hyper-focus made me oblivious to all that was going on around me. I'm still that way, much to my chagrin sometimes. That hyper-focus can make me look silly sometimes. Recently, I was visiting one of my daughters, and she was busy, so I grabbed the first book that looked entertaining, one of my grandson's books about a bunch of geeky, precocious fifth graders that built an amazing Homework Machine. I got rather engrossed in it, and didn't notice she had returned to the room until she laughed and asked me what I was doing, reading that. I nonchalantly mumbled, well you were busy, and it looked interesting. It was, too. Someday, maybe I can finish it.
Not A Christian Anymore
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment