No, I'm not ready! As usual, I don't have a clue what to do about getting ready for Christmas. This is the time of the year, I get a bit of Scrooge in me, bah humbug! Don't get me wrong, I really do like Christmas. I like the music, the decorations, the old favorite Christmas movies, and I like reading the stories in the scriptures. What I don't like is the obligations...the shopping, gift buying, wrapping and sending, multiple celebrations, and the twinges of guilt I always get knowing I don't measure up to the standards of others. I always feel like my efforts are never enough. I never have enough time or money to do all I'd like to do.
The trouble with Christmas is that it comes too soon after Thanksgiving. It seems like I just finished with Thanksgiving (I spent a whole week with family and friends, had two big family dinners, and a Pizza and Movie Day in between) and now it's already time to get geared up for Christmas. It's going to be a busy time, with three dinners again, and multiple celebrations. EEEK!! It's enough to set my poor little ADDlepated head spinning!
Not A Christian Anymore
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment