Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's A Matter of Priority.......And Not Being Greedy??

It seems that I'm my own worst enemy when it comes to time, especially when I have help from my little buddy ADD and her little sidekicks.  I'm just not good at keeping priorities. 

Every day I  think about priorities,  I plan priorities, I even pray about priorities.  But,  less than an hour later, my priorities lie scattered all over the room, victims of  my worst enemy SIDETRACKER.  Sidetracker usually comes with a gang, which makes the battle even more futile.  They barge in and disrupt my day with unexpected phone calls, web surfing (I was only going to check my e-mail, or check on Facebook status, or just get my Miniplanet credits, or feed my virtual pets, but then I got sidetracked by all the notifications cluttering up my profile page, and I just HAD to check on my forums and post my replies, etc. etc. etc.), unplanned errands, and forgetfulness, oh, and don't forget procrastination which is sandwiched in between futility and guilt.  By then, my day is wrecked, plans have flown out the window, along with good intentions, and I have no energy or ambition left to do what I had originally wanted to do.  Once again, Thank you Very Much ADD!!

I've also recently realized that another enemy is GREED; not for money or material goods, but for time.  Time is a finite proposition; it doesn't last.  For me, it doesn't last long enough. Hence the need to stick to a schedule of  priorities.  It comes down, in the final analysis, to choice.  I can choose to do some things, but not all things at once.  I can choose to spend the evening watching movies or playing games, or I can spend that time working on projects or studying.  If I try to do it all, I will get to bed too late.  If I try to get to bed on time (most of the time that's a big FAT CHANCE, loser), after watching a movie, or two, I feel guilty because I didn't get anything accomplished.  So, I often compromise, by watching the movies, and then working on the project, study, etc.  And, I become a ZOMBIE!!  Muahahaha!!  

Life would be so much easier if I would just learn one thing:  Keep the Priorities Straight.  Will I ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment