Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Time for some new Goals and Resolutions

Keep it simple, stupid!  This was a common phrase back in the 70's.  Back then I attended various seminars with the theme of  How to Get Rich Quick, and invariably, the guidelines always said something to the effect of Keep It Simple, Stupid!  That seems like a good motto for someone with ADD who is organizationally challenged, as I am.  So, this year, instead of a whole bunch of New Year's Resolutions, which I know will be kicked to the curb before the first week of January is over,  I  want to simplify everything, by cutting way back on my Great Expectations.  If I don't set so many impossible goals,  maybe I will be less disappointed in myself, and won't have to deal with so much guilt in my life. 

So, in the interest of making my life easier, these are the few, most important Resolutions for my year of 2010:

1. Forget the past that has haunted me for the last 20 or more years.   It's a done deal. I can't go back and change it.  I have repented, and learned my lessons, and survived.   It's time to close that chapter for good, and write a new and better chapter in my book of my  life.

2. Plan my days, but don't beat myself up when Sidetracker or the other ADD Sidekicks disrupt things.  Sometimes, my best moments, and most important lessons, come with the interruptions of life. 

3.  Remember: Even in the Zone of Creative Hyper-focus:  EAT, SLEEP, AND GET OUTSIDE SOMETIMES... WHILE THE SUN IS STILL UP! 

4.  Be friendly to everyone,  even Myself.   SMILE MORE OFTEN! 

Let's see if I can Keep It Simple and Successful (not stupid, lazy, or crazy) this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment