A famous Civil War naval officer, Admiral David Glasgow Farragut, once said, when faced by enemy mines, "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" He didn't let obstacles stop him from obtaining his objectives. Maybe that should be my motto in overcoming all these foolish fears of mine.
I'm tired of walking on egg shells through mine fields, especially when these mine fields are mind fields. Most likely, all these fears are unfounded, and egotistical. I'm sure, logically speaking, the neighbors are busy with their own lives, and don't think twice about me, or the little noises I might be making in my own little 'Whoville' (a reference to a book by Dr. Seuss). So, why do I worry so much?
The funny thing is, I do play my Pandora Radio, or my CD's, during the day. I play movies on Netflix. I watch TV and videos. I even play Trans-Siberian Orchestra and other heavy metal music LOUD. And, I haven't had any complaints. So why am I afraid to try making my own music?
Why do I still walk around in life, feeling like I have no right to be here, or to fully enjoy being here? I would hate to get to death's door, and realize I missed it all, because of fear.
Not A Christian Anymore
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment