I'm really frustrated. I feel like Charlie Brown in A Charlie Brown Christmas, when Lucy asks him if he's afraid of everything, and he says yes. I feel like I'm that way, and it really gets in the way of living a successful and happy life.
Thanks to ADD, I've failed so many things, I'm afraid to try new things, or I quit if it seems too hard for me. But, what is really frustrating is I'm so afraid of bothering other people, that I have quit doing things I used to enjoy, and I'm failing to develop my talents in music, including singing and conducting, which is my church calling. I am afraid of making any noise at all, especially of making mistakes, which are bound to happen if I'm learning to play songs on my keyboard and guitar. Why am I like this?
Since my retirement, I don't go out much, either. It's almost like agoraphobia. I dread going out and doing things, yet, once I get out there, I have fun and do accomplish things. Why am I like this? Of course, right now it is freezing cold weather, and I'd much rather hibernate anyway. Still, it does get in the way of being happy and fulfilled in my life. Am I depressed?
This is a boring way to be! How can I have any fun ADDventures, if I'm afraid of everything?
Not A Christian Anymore
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment