Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Never-ending Plethora of Social Networks!

I was just thinking.  I have a whole bunch of Social Networks in my life for everything from ADD to LDS religion, to patriotism, to general networks like Facebook and My Space. Just on Facebook,  I belong to 26 groups (mainly Mormon groups that run the gamut from apologetics to politics), and 51 pages.  That's an awful lot to keep up with!  I seem to collect groups like some women collect shoes.  I collect Facebook friends the same way.  I have hundreds of friends listed, but some I will probably never meet in person.  

I've often thought I should pare all my groups down, but as soon as I do, my ADD (or is it my Gemini curiosity) kicks in and finds yet another interesting group to get into.  So, for every one group I delete, I find two more to join, or so it seems sometimes.

I'm the same way with my Netflix queue.  I have hundreds of movies listed, but when I go back and look at them months later, they don't seem as interesting as they did when I chose them. Sometimes, I even wonder why I chose them in the first place.    

No comments:

Post a Comment